Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The magic water recipe- As easy as 1, 2, 3!

Okay okay.. So it's not really "magic water", but it's pretty darn close.


I've always been a water lover- it's by far my favorite beverage. But I know for some , it may be hard to drink as much water necessary to keep the body nourished and in it's healthiest state at all times. I get it, drinking water could get boring. It's tasteless, and unless your dying of thirst.. Let's be honest, an ice cold Cola sounds a lot more appealing. 

Since starting my Paleo diet journey this past Monday, I've been doing all I can to make small changes whenever and wherever possible. My water intake being one of them. I love water, but haven't drank nearly enough of it lately. Reason being why I decided to jump on the detox band wagon (again). I've done it a handful of times and found that I've loved it more and more each time. I'm sure you will too if you give it a try! Below I'll list for you the ingredients on how to create your very own belly slimming detox water. 

Ingredients:
- 1-2 liters of water
- 1 handful ice cubes
- 1 sliced orange
- 1 sliced lemon
- 1 sliced cucumber (unpeeled)
- 10-15 fresh mint leaves


That's it! Told ya' it was simple. After rinsing and slicing each ingredient, throw everything into a large pitcher and add your 1-2 liters of water. Place it into the fridge and let the water sit over night. 

Q: Can I drink the water immediately after making it? 
A: Yes, you may drink the water directly after making it, although it's best to let the ingredients infuse into the water over night. It'll be much tastier- believe me! 
+ After 24 hours remove the ingredients to avoid bacteria growth/and or molding. Don't worry- it'll take quite a bit of time for that to happen, it's just a precaution. And besides, I'm sure you'll have finished your entire pitcher of "magic water" by then.

You might be curious as to why I personally use these ingredients, and I'll tell you why. 

1. Cucumber: contains citrulline which is an amino acid that has been shown to help our liver and kidneys get rid of ammonia which is a by product of the proteins our bodies burn for energy.


2. Water: helps flush toxins and waste through our system while keeping us hydrated.


3. Lemon: stimulates the digestive track so it’s helpful if you have constipation, heartburn, or gas.


4. Mint: helps you digest effectively because it improves the flow of bile from the liver to the gallbladder to the small intestine to break down dietary fats. It also helps relax cramped up stomach muscles.


5. Orange: contains flavonoids in the peel and juice that stimulate the immune system and protects against a fungi/pests while helping to reduce cholesterol levels.


By the way, when I say detox, I'm not saying to stop eating. I still eat regularly (just a lot healthier). Try to avoid anything on the salty side because that will cause the body to retain water, resulting in bloating and puffiness.


What's great about this detox water is that it's mild and effective, unlike many harsh detox's on the market today. It's affordable and you don't need to restrict your overall consumption of it. Drink it whenever you want, as often as you feel necessary! I hope you enjoy this delicious water as much as I do. If you decide to try it let me know how you liked it in the comments below. Thanks for visiting- xo




1 comment:

  1. I make this water all the time minus this mint since I'm Breastfeeding! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

);