Thursday, February 20, 2014

Oh, the two-nage years

 
Talk about mellow dramatics. Good lord, today has been, well.. exhausting (like every other day) when you're a mother. I honestly can't wrap my head around the fact that in what feels like a blink of an eye, my cuddly, sweet, obedient (sometimes drooly) baby boy has transformed into a rugged, stubborn, attitude filled TWO-NAGER. Yeah, I said it. I'm raising a teenager trapped in a two year old toddler bod. It's crazy- I sit back and watch his attitude towards me & everything around him change from one second to the next. Sometimes I want to laugh & other times I wanna hide in the bathroom & scream.. loud. Does that really help like people say it does? I'm not quite sure, but I need to find out. 


Aside from the fact that I'm slightly overwhelmed with motherhood lately, I'm also a little (or a lot) overwhelmed with the well being of my poor jaw. Yes you read that right, my jaw. I've been suffering from TMJ for 2+ years now for a reason that's still unknown. If you've ever dealt with TMJ- I'm sorry. & if you haven't- you're extremely lucky, never take opening your mouth for granted ever again. Not being able to open my mouth more than a centimeter wide is not only extremely painful, but extremely annoying, not to mention embarrassing. You don't even wanna see how I get a burger down these days- scary. Moral of this dragged out story is that I'm a ball of STRESS. Today was my second oral facial pain appointment & thankfully I am being well taken care of by one of the top dentists/surgeons at UCLA medical center *thank you baby Jesus for awesome insurance* Sadly, no matter how wonderful or high ranked a dentist is, the pain of cortisone + steroid injections stays the same. EXCRUICIATING. Every time I walk into that cold, bone chilling office I have to give myself a pep talk, "What are you so scared of? A needle? Vanessa, remember that time you got sliced open & gave birth to a 10lb human being? Make that needle your B!&@$" & just like that I'm ready to go- but gosh does it hurt. 


This picture pretty much sums up what I'm feeling now, and every second of every day. Sleep sounds good- but I most likely won't get any considering my throbbing jaw & tude-alicious teen.. I mean tot. He's boycotting sleep & I'm being forced against my will to watch Toy Story for the 7899202th time this week, jealous? Please go to sleep Jonah, mama misses crappy reality tv more than she should. If you took the time to read this scramble of jibberish nonsense- you rock! Thanks for visiting xo

1 comment:

  1. Yayy!! Way to go Mama, you are an official blogger. Welcome to the club. :-)
    So sorry you're struggling with TMJ. I have it (mildly, and it flares occasionally) but I used to manage orthodontic offices and know how terrible it can be. Debilitating at times. :-( I hope your doc gets you the good stuff and figures out what the root cause is soon.
    You two-nager is reeeaaallll cute, sassy and all. Love looking at pictures of him.
    XO - Samantha
    www.playdatesandpearls.com aka @playdatesandpearls ;-)

    ReplyDelete

);